Apply on Website
Richard Jackson PLC
To work effectively as a Graduate Structural Engineer taking responsibility for the designs carried out on projects. Fully using your communication sk... Role: Civil Engineer, Category: Construction & Property, Size: 1-10
+ Associate / Senior Civil Engineer – Colchester & London: Richard Jackson PLC
To work effectively as a Graduate Structural Engineer taking responsibility for the designs carried out on projects. Fully using your communication skills to establish good relationships with your colleagues and providing quality within your designs.
Position: + Associate / Senior Civil Engineer – Colchester & London
Hours: Full Time
Salary Guide: £25,000 – £50,000
Last Updated: 12 May 2022
Job Category: Construction & Property
Civil Engineer Role:
A Civil Engineer, or Engineering Consultant, plays an important role in creating, maintaining and protecting the environment to make it habitable and conducive for economic and social activities. The duties of Civil Engineers include designing, planning and supervising construction projects, including roads, bridges, building construction and railways.
- Performing technical and feasibility studies, including analysing maps, survey reports, plans and related data to create and design civil engineering projects.
- Determining construction costs, local and professional building regulations, environmental impacts and other factors that can affect project implementation.
- Carrying out extensive environmental impact assessments and identifying potential risk factors that can affect project delivery.
- Using engineering computer software such as MATLAB and AUTOCAD to develop detailed project blueprints.
- Collaborating with professionals such as Architects and Engineers or clients.
- Enforcing engineering, local and legal regulations like health and safety protocols on-site.