Care Assistant – Oake Meadows Care Home – Taunton: Larchwood
Whether already part of the industry, or ready for a brand new challenge, Larchwood is looking for an enthusiastic individual to join the organisation and play a key role in servicing its clients. Applicants should have a strong customer focus as they may be dealing with external clients as well as various departments within the company. Please visit the website for further information about this role.
Position: Care Assistant – Oake Meadows Care Home – Taunton
Hours: Full Time
Salary Guide: £17,000 – £25,000
Last Updated: 14 January 2022
Job Category: Social Care
Care Assistant Role:
A Care Home Assistant, or a Care Assistant provides emotional and physical support for vulnerable and frail people. Duties include washing and dressing patients, monitoring their health and taking care of household chores.
- Helping clients with administrative tasks, such as paying their bills or responding to emails
- Preparing meals and helping patients eat their food
- Checking that patients take their prescribed medicine
- Helping patients maintain their dignity by styling their hair or doing their makeup
- Monitoring the condition of patients by taking their temperature, pulse and weight
- Listening to patients and providing them with relevant feedback and support
- Updating patients charts and daily notes to keep track of their progress