Catering Assistant – P/T: Farfield Mill
An opportunity has arisen for a talented, enthusiastic individual to join a successful and dynamic organisation. This role will suit an individual who has a passion to deliver consistent and exceptional service and who wishes to develop their career. Farfield Mill offers a rewarding career for the right individual. The successful candidate will have a can do attitude and be able to work as part of a team. Please visit the website for further information about this role.
Position: Catering Assistant – P/T
Hours: Full Time
Salary Guide: £17,000 – £25,000
Last Updated: 03 August 2022
Job Category: Hospitality & Catering
Catering Assistant Role:
A Catering Assistant, or Kitchen Assistant, helps the Chef to prepare food and keep the kitchen clean. Duties include preparing meal ingredients, setting dining tables and ensuring that guests have a quality dining experience.
- Assisting with basic food preparation activities, including washing, peeling and cutting vegetables
- Cleaning and sanitising all tableware and chafing dishes before catering events
- Setting up dining areas by arranging chairs, tables, banners and tents, according to the Catering Manager or Events Managers instructions
- Loading and unloading food, tableware and catering supplies on and off of catering vehicles
- Ensuring there is no shortage of supplies by managing orders and inventory
- Accepting deposits and discussing the price of catering services with clients
- Answering guests questions and handling complaints related to catering services during an event