Apply on Website
The Better Food Co
If you have a passion for great food, team building and organic.... Role: Kitchen Manager, Category: Hospitality & Catering, Size: 11-50
Production Kitchen Manager: The Better Food Co
If you have a passion for great food, team building and organic.
Position: Production Kitchen Manager
Hours: Full Time
Salary Guide: £53,125 – £85,000
Last Updated: 14 January 2022
Job Category: Hospitality & Catering
Kitchen Manager Role:
A Kitchen Manager, or Kitchen Supervisor, is the person who ensures that kitchen departments run smoothly and ensures that all kitchen and restaurant staff adhere to safety regulations. Duties include supervising kitchen staff, organising food orders, overseeing food preparation, cooking and examining food plating and temperatures.
- Ensuring that all food items and products are stored, prepared and served based on the restaurants recipe, preparation and portion standards
- Evaluating and disciplining kitchen personnel accordingly and making employment and termination decisions
- Ordering kitchen materials and ingredients based on the menu and market demand
- Supervising food preparation in the kitchen and ensuring that customers are satisfied
- Maintaining clean working environments and making sure that employees follow the restaurants preventive maintenance measures
- Maintaining adequate inventory levels and conducting weekly inventories
- Working with Restaurant Managers to create menu items, pricing and establishing portion sizes of each meal
- Scheduling shifts by business hours, days, and occasions
- Overseeing the training of employees to ensure the safe operation of kitchen equipment and utensils and the proper handling of heavy items and hazardous materials.