Drugs & Homeless Initiative is committed to working with the best people possible and as such offers a renumeration and benefits package for Support Workers commensurate with experience and qualifications. Please visit the website for further information.
Position: Recovery Support Worker
Salary Guide: £18,000 – £40,000
Last Updated: 03 August 2022
Job Category: Social Care
Support Worker Role:
A Care Worker, or Support Worker helps vulnerable people live as comfortably as possible. Primary duties include assisting patients with grooming and personal hygiene, preparing meals and providing emotional support.
- Assisting the patient with bathing, grooming and getting dressed
- Handling household tasks like grocery shopping and laundry
- Preparing and serving meals at the appropriate time
- Administering oral and topical medication under the supervision of medical personnel
- Providing mental and emotional support
- Making recommendations to family members and healthcare personnel on the plan of care
- Organising suitable recreational activities for the patient
- Collaborating with other health care and social care professionals to provide the best possible care