Temporary Pastry Chefs Needed: Byword Limited
To support its growth Byword Limited is looking for a new member to join its team in a supportive and friendly environment. This role will suit a self-motivated individual who can work with minimum supervison. The successful applicant will have good interpersonal and communication skills, and will be open to new learning and ideas. Please visit the website for further information about this role.
Position: Temporary Pastry Chefs Needed
Salary Guide: £20,000 – £50,000
Last Updated: 14 January 2022
Job Category: Hospitality & Catering
Pastry Chef Role:
A Pastry Chef, or Pastry Sous Chef is responsible for preparing, cooking and serving pastries in a cafe, restaurant or other food service settings. Duties include sourcing suppliers to ensure a reliable supply of ingredients, testing new recipes and working with a team of other Chefs.
- Stocking checking and ordering ingredients
- Weighing and measuring ingredients
- Decorating pastries and other desserts using a variety of different sauces, toppings and other items
- Contributing ideas to the menu
- Keeping accurate records
- Recruiting, hiring and training Assistants or Junior Chefs
- Operating a variety of kitchen equipment
- Maintaining a clean and hygienic work environment