Quantity Surveyor: Svella Connect Limited
To support its growth Svella Connect Limited is looking for a new member to join its team in a supportive and friendly environment. This role will suit a self-motivated individual who can work with minimum supervison. The successful applicant will have good interpersonal and communication skills, and will be open to new learning and ideas. Please visit the website for further information about this role.
Position: Quantity Surveyor
Hours: Full Time
Salary Guide: £25,000 – £35,000
Last Updated: 19 June 2022
Job Category: Estate Agency
Quantity Surveyor Role:
A Quantity Surveyor, or a Surveyor, manages the cost of construction projects. Duties include determining client needs, calculating costs and timelines and monitoring construction progress.
- Meeting clients to determine their needs and discuss any areas that need revising for price or feasibility
- Calculating material quantities and costs, labour costs and an achievable project timeframe
- Negotiating labour contracts and schedules
- Advising clients and crew on legal matters and disputes
- Monitoring subcontractors, safety practices, construction progress and material needs, including any changes which may impact costs
- Preparing labour and supplier accounts for payment
- Writing reports detailing costs and progress for clients