Support Worker: Eden Futures
If you’re a people person with the drive to deliver excellent customer service, this may be the role for you. Eden Futures encourages applications from all backgrounds and communities and is committed to having a workforce that is made up of diverse skills, experiences and abilities. Any relevant industry experience or qualifications that you have will be considered. Please visit the website for further information about this role.
Position: Support Worker
Salary Guide: £18,000 – £40,000
Last Updated: 03 August 2022
Job Category: Social Care
Support Worker Role:
A Care Worker, or Support Worker helps vulnerable people live as comfortably as possible. Primary duties include assisting patients with grooming and personal hygiene, preparing meals and providing emotional support.
- Assisting the patient with bathing, grooming and getting dressed
- Handling household tasks like grocery shopping and laundry
- Preparing and serving meals at the appropriate time
- Administering oral and topical medication under the supervision of medical personnel
- Providing mental and emotional support
- Making recommendations to family members and healthcare personnel on the plan of care
- Organising suitable recreational activities for the patient
- Collaborating with other health care and social care professionals to provide the best possible care